The air is crisp. The leaves are all my favourite colours and the kids are in school again! Oh, Fall, how I love you so! And with more time to explore the city on my own and get stuff done on these cooler days, I of course, have a new list of #thingsthatIloverightnow!
1. My new Simone Pérèle bra(s)! Listen ladies, especially those of you who have breastfed for a VERY long time. Get rid of that old nursing bra, chuck those uni-boob tank tops and sports bras, and get yourself a proper bra! You will thank me. Your posture will thank YOU! And you'll have saved all that money you were hoarding for that "hypothetical" boob job. Now - before you hop in your car and head to the nearest Victoria's Secret or La Senza, STOP RIGHT THERE! NO - You are not going to find the kind of bra I am talking about at the mall in a 3 for $39.99 bin. A good bra is going to cost you, so budget about $150.00. And then head on over to My Filosophy in Edmonton - or google an actual bra boutique in your city that specializes in bra fittings and also carries European brands - and GET MEASURED AND FITTED PROPERLY! I went to see the wonderful folks at My Filosophy yesterday because I needed a new t-shirt bra. I thought I was a 34E (the size of most of the bras I currently own). A quick measure and it turns out I am actually a 32F. I then proceeded to try on 5 bras, and THEY ALL FIT ME PERFECTLY! I had to whittle it down to 2, and damn it if I am not in love with my new bras! The one pictured above is the one I am wearing right now. Isn't it lovely?
2. By now you know how I love to find new cafés in my city. Places with great coffee, a nice menu and consistent and free Wifi. There is a plain brown brick building not far from where I live that I used to frequent a lot in my pharma sales days (the upper floors are 80% doctors offices). On the main floor is a wonderful place called Cafe Rista. I've been there three times for lunch this past month and they never disappoint. They make a perfect cappuccino and yes, the Wifi is solid too. There is a nice table tucked away in a corner that I can commandeer for an hour or so, and I think after one more visit, I will have officially passed the threshold for being a "regular". If you are in the west end of #YEG anytime soon, please check them out - and tell them I sent you!
3. Have you ever bought an item of clothing and then wanted to wear it every single day?
This is how I feel about my new Kit & Ace t-shirt. And really, it's nothing THAT special. It's a plain grey t-shirt, that also happens to be made with cashmere - THAT YOU CAN WASH AND DRY IN YOUR LAUNDRY MACHINES AT HOME! Yes, this part excites me about most of Kit & Ace's line of clothing. This great shirt is also designed with these shaping darts sewn into the back and is the softest thing ever. What I am saying, is that you probably need to get one. And yes, I know, it's a bit pricey for a t-shirt - I did mention the cashmere, right? But just think, you CAN actually wear it every day if you want, because you can also throw it in the wash every night!
4. If you know me, you know I like to talk, AND I like social media, AND I like building community. So it should come as no surprise, that I found somewhere where I can accomplish all three of these things at the same time! Welcome to the world of BLAB. What the heck is Blab, you ask? Blab is a social networking app/website that lets you watch live video conversations between interesting people. It's kind of like Periscope, but with more interaction and conversation. And it is FUN! Also, if you start a Blab at 9 PM MST, it will be 4 PM somewhere in New Zealand yesterday (or tomorrow-I never really know?) and someone from down there is bound to jump on and add a whole lot of fun and some new words to your world. FYI - If a Kiwi tells you he/she enjoys going tramping, they mean HIKING!
Blab works like any other social media site, you create an account (or sign in with Twitter), create your profile, and then start or join/watch a Blab. Easy as that! You can find my Blab profile here and I hope to see YOU on a Blab soon!
5. Finding the perfect bronzer is a challenge. And no, I am not going to get into all that crazy contouring stuff, WHICH DOESN'T ACTUALLY WORK IN REAL LIFE! Sorry, I digress... (but seriously, just don't do that. OK?)
Okay, back to my perfect bronzer. I rarely leave the house without putting this on and sometimes, my makeup routine is simply - bronzer, a bit of eyebrow mousse, and mascara. You too can have that sun-kissed look with the Chai Berry Bronzer/Illuminating Powder from Eminence Organics. The bronzer does come in two other colours, a lighter and a darker one and I have a few other favourites from this wonderful skin care line (I highly recommend the Stone Crop Gel Wash for a nice gentle cleanser). You can find Eminence products at Sweet Momma Spas in Edmonton and St. Albert and in select spas across Canada and the US.
That's it for now. I hope you will try some of my favourites and love them too. What are yours right now? Share your must-have finds with me in the comments!